Monday, October 17, 2016

Washing Water To Wedding Wine

This is the first sermon I heard by William Cwirla. After listening to it several times, Eva and I came up with this phrase: "We've been Cwirla'd!" I will post additional sermons by Cwirla, but this one is an excellent introduction to his preaching. Lutherans divide scripture into two broad categories: law and gospel. You will hear the distinction between law and gospel in this sermon and how this distinction is helpful in understanding the Bible. I also keep these categories in mind when I listen to other sermons. Here is the text for the sermon: John 2:1-11. As always, I suggest you read the text and take a minute to reflect on it before listening to the sermon. Enjoy!



Pastor William Cwirla
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church-Hacienda Heights, CA
Preached: January 17, 2010

I would love to hear your feedback on the sermon. What did you hear? What did you like or dislike? What is missing? For anyone interested in learning more about law and gospel, here is an excellent book. I have read it and found it very helpful! If you read the book, let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I just love the simple deep message. I hadn't ever thought of Mary's last words in the Bible as being so important "whatever He says to you, do it! YES ma'am!!

    ReplyDelete